Sunday, November 10, 2013

Viet! Viet! Viet FOOD!



I love food! Who doesn’t? Growing up with the fact that my parents own a small Vietnamese restaurant that has been in business for twenty-one years, I have access to an unlimited number of authentic Vietnamese goodies twenty four- seven. I've been eating Vietnamese cuisine for almost twenty years, and I am still satisfied with the special, fresh, healthy herbs and spices used in almost every recipe. Mmmm! Just thinking of all the savory Vietnamese meals is making my blood rush all over my body.












   








Taken by Susan Tran   
 Bun Bo Xao Sa            
          Spicy Beef Lemongrass vermicelli noodle 


Vietnamese food isn’t only good for your belly, but it is also good for your body, especially, your Saturday hangover. The reason why I wanted to start this blog is because I want to help spread this amazing cuisine and put it out there for everyone else to enjoy. Sharing is caring right?


Taken by Susan Tran 
                                       
  Banh Khot   
Vietnamese Mini Crepe


Three years ago, cooking was my weakest area and I hated it, but when you’re new in the kitchen and in your hand is a recipe that looks like a crossword puzzle. One word! Confusing! Some recipes aren’t that straight forward and are extremely long. Just looking at the recipes is enough to turn you off! A recipe shouldn’t be like a manuscript. Standing in the kitchen holding a pot in one hand and a recipe in the other isn’t fun!



Crossword Picture fully Credit to Montclair Made

So, I am hoping my blog might come in handy to any kitchen fan out there. Ladies and gentlemen, if you are looking for some healthy Vietnamese recipes that are easy and quick to cook, here is your chance to impress that partner of yours!


Taken By Susan Tran 
Goi Cuon  Fresh pork and shrimp summer rolls


PHO! PHO! PHO! Is what the majority of customers always order when entering a Vietnamese restaurant! The SAME OLD PHO AND SPRING ROLLS is what they order every single time. Pho is good because the broth is very tasty and soothing and YES! It is the best cure for our Saturday hangover, but there are other soups that can leave you feeling refreshed and better.
SO NEXT TIME! When you walk into a Vietnamese restaurant, try something new because you might discover your new favorite dish!  Better yet! YELP the restaurant! Trust me, I know all of this because I been there. From sitting in a high chair observing to now running and serving special delicious Vietnamese dishes, I've seen it all.




Stay Tuned for my steamy soup! The best cure for a hangover! NOT PHO!

No more walking into dimly lit restaurants with sunglasses, so you can avoid attracting attention in that restaurant! There is no need to embarrass your self and let everyone know that you had a fun Friday night. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had the chance to try Vietnamese food, but after reading your blog I am going to look for a restaurant ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting and true! I tend to only order pho and spring rolls so I'm excited to learn about other vietnamese food. :)

    ReplyDelete